Wings: an alternative to The Action Network
Are you interested in how The Action Network compares to alternative platforms, such as Wings?
Wings is a campaigning website service built for digital organizing, with excellent The Action Network integration options.
Wings and The Action Network complement each other:
- Wings replaces just The Action Network frontend with a great campaign website.
- The Action Network offers a complex toolset for building engagement. If you have that level of digital professionalism, you probably also want a better campaigning website like Wings which integrates with your emailing & messaging platform.
- Organizations who look for a powerful but more simple toolset, often start out with Wings + Mailchimp, but later switch to Wings + The Action Network.
Wings and The Action Network, compared
Here is a side-by-side comparison of Wings and The Action Network:
The Action Network
|📰 Website builder||Complete website with pages, articles and campaigns.||No website builder, just forms and simple landing pages.|
|📧 Email features||Only confirmation emails. Can connect to third party services (like The Action Network) for followup communications.||The Action Network has extensive email campaigning options|
Wings and The Action Network similarities
Wings and The Action Network share a few similarities:
- Both allow you to manage and host signup campaigns, petitions, events and fundraisers;
- Both may only be used by progressive organizations (not by right-wing / conservative political parties), so you will not be indirectly supporting movements you do not agree with.
Differences between The Action Network and Wings
- You can only create landing pages or embeddable forms with The Action Network, while you also need a nice campaign website or organization website.
- Wings gives you an entire website with pages, articles and campaigns, integrated.
- Wings only has an email service for confirmation emails, but does not let you send email newsletters to your supporters.
- Wings sends confirmed user data to connected services such as The Action Network, who specialize in newsletters, engagement building and voter activation.
Conclusion: they go great together
Wings gives you a great campaign website that lets you connect to The Action Network for follow-up communications. Our webhooks documentation even uses The Action Network as an example.
If you want to know more, just request a free Wings demo account and you can try it out yourself.